Flood Entrance - 05 Mar 2006
Sunday March 5th 2006
Members present: Ellie Jones, Kevin Francis, Steve Gilbert
Flood is the first small shake-hole where the entrance cuts back towards the path and drops into a small chamber/rift. The way on is very tight! (I almost for stuck, due to, 1) muscular buttocks, 2) a layer of ice on the wall (brrr!) and 3) a tackle sack on my head!).
The easier (wades) entrance is indeed 30m further on with a slightly larger, more circular entrance with less exposed rock.
The south east pot pitch now starts with 2 re-belays near the top. I found 2 deviations, but suspect these aren’t the documented ones! The first (some way down) consisting of thin cord wrapped around a loose chock stone - nice! This is a tight pendulum which lands you straight into a knife edge protrusion - so I'd really suggest not using this!!! (I think this would have been rigged in desperation.)
There was very little water, so I just put the second deviation in much lower down to stop some rope rub and to land on the ledge (the thread is on the right if you back is to the water fall.)
Other YUCPC reports on Flood Entrance
- Stream Passage Pot - Flood Entrance and Bar Pot by Jean-luc Heath
- Flood Entrance - 10/09/2011 by Kevin Francis
- Flood Entrance - 12th Dec 2009 by Alastair Gott
- Gaping Gill (Dihedral) - Flood Entrance - 20th Jun 2009 by Catherine Moody
- Flood Entrance / Stream Passage Pot via Mud Hll & Whitsun Series - 29 May 2006 by Gary Douthwaite
- Flood Entrance - 05 Mar 2006 by Kevin Francis
- Flood Entrance - 05 Mar 2003 by Andrew Gilmartin